Thursday, February 21, 2008

I bought a book, a top and a small bag despite the fact that I am broke.

Yesterday I had my pictures taken at college for my new student card. I was told that they’re going to hand out the cards during the first lecture next week. It felt like it was only yesterday that I went to the last P3 lecture at DBS!

I have been a student for more than 15 years and I have never been a good one. I do try to pay attention to the teacher/lecturer but it's hard to concentrate unless I find the subject/teacher interesting. I couldn’t remember much about my kindergarten days but I do remember getting awards for doing well in exams in primary and secondary school. And I remember dad buying me a big bar of chocolate (my favourite back then was Van Houten) as my reward. I’ve always sucked at sports but I did try to compensate by cheering as loud as I can during sukaneka.

Cikgu Aishah was my English teacher when I was in primary 3. She helped me to choose a story to tell in the (story telling of course) competition. In the end she chose “Princess Kalihe” for me and although I was not the winner, I did manage to be the runner up.

She was one of the few teachers that I could still remember (by name) from SRK Gita. I just wished that I did keep in touch with my old classmates (1 Jingga – 5 Dahlia). My mum got me transferred when I was just starting my 6th year. So to St Teresa and to 6 Biru I went. I was one of the backbenchers along with Victoria, Jennifer, Kelly, Ain, Siaw Ling, Jo Ann, Yvonne and the others. We spent our days drooling over Jonathan Brandis, the Lawrence brothers and other cute teen celebs. I miss those days.

I miss Me.

No comments: